The Literary Translators’ Section of The Estonian Writers’ Union was founded on April 5, 2012 in Tallinn uniting Estonian literary translators.
The aims of the Translators’ Section are as follows:
* to advance Estonian translation culture
* to improve the translating skills of literary translators
* to increase the appreciation of literary translation in our society
* to protect the professional interests of literary translators
* to develop the cooperation of literary translators both in Estonia and on international level
The translators belonging to the Estonian Writers’ Union will be given membership of the section when they apply for it. Other translators must submit a signed application to the board of the section with the list of published translations (at least six translated fiction or popular science titles) and two references (one preferably by an editor the translator has worked with). The admission of an applicant will be decided by the board of the section with a simple majority.